LaunchBox Community Forums

Rocketlauncher integration issue

kiddanplay

ok so i decided to take my LB setup a step further and integrate Rocketlauncher. Heres my problem I am using Retroarch through Rocketlauncher and im stuck on a couple of systems for example...Gamecube. When i click on the default emulator path it does not list Retroarch. I know that i have to add this at the module setting and link the core but im super confused how to get this all done. can someone provide me some detailed instructions how to add a system or shoot me their module file or something this is driving me bonkers. attached are some screen shots of where im stuck at.

Current Module List in Rocketlauncher:

image.thumb.png.18488c73ede10d87c7f2113800069500.png

Current Systems showing under Retroarch.ahkimage.png.9db5e02c433531477c154e72a217e765.png

File Structure for Retroarch in Rocketlauncher:

image.thumb.png.2cf12e58171c3b143317d41de3f237ec.png

Retroarch (example.ini) 

image.thumb.png.fa227c5a5ba60a429faa69facdff469d.png

This is what shows when I try to add an emulator for Gamecube in rocketlauncher. 

image.png.68092cc567c56ea298dd5c212efc676a.png

So as you can see i need to figure out how to add the game cube to the list of available systems in rocketlauncher in order for it to appear in the list when i try and select it for gamecube. Again im completely lost at how to do this or what i need to edit so if someone could help and break it down barney style because i have about 5 systems i need to do this for. 

Thanks alot 

The module dictates which systems appear in that list. If it's not showing there it means the module you're using doesn't support that system. Grab the latest module from the RetroArch Module thread on the RL forum as that should support it.

• Like 1

Ok so i went over there and i someone posted the following https://pastebin.com/YBPJ34R1 Considering my noobness with reguard to adjusting modules can you explain which lines of this need to be input and where exactly do i put it at? do i put it in the "Retroarch (Example).ini as in just delete everything in that file now and paste this file and call it good? sorry man i never really went down the hyperspin route...i tried and gave up so RL is fairly new to me and i never got this in depth with it before

You don't do anything with the example ini, and even if you did it would literally do nothing. The RetroArch.ini file is the one that holds your settings, but you do NOT have to touch that either.

What you need to do is replace the module itself, which is found at Modules/RetroArch/RetroArch.ahk. Backup the current one and replace it with the text in the pastebin. That's it, you don't need to set any module options.

ok cool so i downloaded AHK and opened it up made a copy, deleted, pasted, restarted RL went to gamecube and im still not seeing RA listed. I went into global then modules just to check everything checks out there with what i pasted but i still dont see any new systems listed or anything showing under gamecube or 3do or any of my other emulators that are giving me problems with RA... im lost in the sauce

Have LB send "Panasonic 3DO" to RL as the system name or rename your system as that's the official name RL uses for it. From your screenshot you currently have it as "3DO Interactive Multiplayer" which I'm guessing is the standard LB naming.