LaunchBox Community Forums

The Best games on all emulated Sony home platforms - PS 1, PS2, and PS3

Mr.Laor

Good Morning Folks,

I am continuing my project to create a "definitive" list of the best games on each console.  Here is the Sony home console list. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n2mtn3UZUl4OePTk6BR9Ekpp1C1d8mJd3E1ZfEqhHvM/edit?usp=sharing

Explanation of the project (copied from my other entry)

I'm creating lists (via Google sheets) that compile the best games by console. I've included a link to my first list - The Best Games on Nintendo Home Consoles

Be kind - this is a work in progress - and is much more time-consuming, eye-straining, and fatiguing than it may appear to be. Any suggestions or corrections would be greatly appreciated.

In the spreadsheets, you will find the primary sheet that includes all major home consoles by company. Each console is followed by a list of games and each game is accompanied by a number. The number refers to the amount of times each game was listed on a "best" of list of games on the internet (for more detail - the other sheets contain all the sources I used to compile the lists). I also used various import and hidden gem lists to cast a wider net. *EDIT* I double-counted some mentions if they came from sites that aggregated reviews or had polls.

This is NOT A LIST of the best games in any type of order aside from of # of mentions. Therefore, the top games may not necessarily be the very best in the order presented, but one can assume the top 10, 20, 50, or 100 is a pretty solid list to create your own "best of" playlists. 

There are a few ways to use the data:

1) At the top of each list is a number indicating the total # of games released for each system. Underneath each system is listed the number of games that would fit into the top 10%, 20%, or 25% for that system. Simply refer to the "A" column to create a list based on these percentages.

or

2) I've roughly color-coded the top 20 (yellow=gold), top 50 (grey=silver), and top 100 (orange=brown). The numbers don't match up exactly because many games were often tied for the same amount of mentions. As this list is ultimately subjective, feel free to move up or down any games based on your own experiences.

Link to Nintendo sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f_xtOy_Ksv9Q_Rp99eoR6y5ku7HesM9o2dC0n_5VNZ0/edit?usp=sharing

Link to Sony sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n2mtn3UZUl4OePTk6BR9Ekpp1C1d8mJd3E1ZfEqhHvM/edit?usp=sharing

Thoughts, opinions, corrections, or suggestions much appreciated.

Next - finishing Sony Home consoles, then Sega home consoles, then handhelds, then...

Edited by Mr.Laor

The list now contains Playstation 1, Playstation 2, and Playstation 3.

Just a reminder - these are not my favorites - they are the "best" games according to the aggregated data I compiled to create the lists. All sources listed in the spreadsheet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...