LaunchBox Community Forums

Strange Cemu behaviour

CDBlue

Hey guys.  Looking to see if anyone else is having this issue, and if anyone knows how to resolve it.  I just upgraded to the newest version of Cemu (version 1.12.1) and when I go to load my games from Launchbox, some games open Cemu, go to load the shader files, then Cemu just closed before the game starts up.  I can go in Cemu and launch the games just fine, and they are fully playable in Cemu.  I checked my launchbox emulator settings, I'm pointing to the correct Cemu.exe file, I've got the correct -f -g command, and some games launch just fine from within launchbox/bigbox.

For example, New Super Mario Bros. U and Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD launch and play just fine when I try to launch them from Launchbox/bigbox, but DuckTales and Shovel Knight don't.  They try to, then Cemu just closes with no error message. I was able to run all these just fine with the previous Cemu builds, but not with this one it seems.

Anyone else using the newest Cemu getting this same issue, and possibly thought on a fix for it (other than rolling back to the previous Cemu that is)?

Lol, well this a quick reply to my own thread.  I found the issue hehe.  I was following BSOD's guide on best settings to use etc. for performance in BOTW.  Turns out if I use his recommended timing settings of 1MS and QPC, this bug occurs.  If I leave the timings in the debug dropdown to the default Cemu settings, all my games launch fine from within LB/BB.  Maybe those timing settings conflict with LB/BB and that's what's causing the emulator to close down, not sure.

Anyway, I guess this now a how-to-fix post if anyone else has this same issue as I described above :D

Cheers,
CDBlue

Edited by CDBlue