LaunchBox Community Forums

Pinball FX3 High score name entry?

TR1CKST3R

Hi all,

Just about finished putting myself together a virtual pin table and i'm using bigbox in portrait rotation for my front end. Everything is running like a dream so far. I'm primarily running FX3 & FX2 through steam. A few laggy tables using FX3 but i still have FX2 installed for the original tables so not all bad.

Anyway the question is....

When you finish a table using FX3 and the high score entry pops up on the DMD, i cannot seem to enter my initials. The only entry i can do is "AAA" as the enter key seems to be the only button that works. Name entry works perfectly in FX2 so its not the Ipac2 i'm using. I have also tried switching back the option a few times in the FX3 menu to see if that works, but nope. I have even tried using a wireless keyboard to no avail! 

Is this a known problem? am i missing something simple? or does anyone have a work around at all? really frustrating having to skip the name entry or just fill in AAA every time.

Thought i would ask here, as i'm using Pinball FX in cabinet mode and i'm hoping some of you guys would surely know something about it that may help me out!

Cheers

Rick 

Edited by RICKST20

I have it working with an very simple AHK script in the manage emualotrs tab. This is the ahem...non steam version of FX3. Since I use an xarcade tankstick the AHK makes one of my buttons act as enter to allow hiscore entry. Not sure if same will work with steam. 

Thanks for the reply,

Enter is the only key that seems to work. Its selecting/cycling another letter on the dmd screen which is the problem. You can set it to use keyboard entry in menu without the dmd use, but it really spoils the immersion/fun having to reach for a keyboard each time to enter initials. 

Seems to be an actual in-game issue. Will just have to wait it out to see if its patched soon ? 

Yeah its a little odd. It also throws up a second dmd screen dead centre of playfield. Even though the option is turned off in settings for dmd position! 

Quite possibly could be a steam integration thing just have no idea.

If i was able to source a standalone .exe for both fx2 and fx3 that had cabinet mode i dare say i wouldnt have this problem ? 

22 minutes ago, RICKST20 said:

Yeah its a little odd. It also throws up a second dmd screen dead centre of playfield. Even though the option is turned off in settings for dmd position! 

Quite possibly could be a steam integration thing just have no idea.

If i was able to source a standalone .exe for both fx2 and fx3 that had cabinet mode i dare say i wouldnt have this problem ? 

Make sure you have DOT Matrix Size set to "off" as well in the UI/Streaming settings.