LaunchBox Community Forums

Edit Games Feature Request

Bobsaidwzob

There are a few things that I would like see implement in future build. One I'm not sure if it already exists but in iTunes, when you edit song info, there is a way to go to the next song within the editor by clicking on the left or right arrows at the bottom. If there was a way to go to the next game to edit without having to click "ok" every single time and then back into the editor that would be great. Like a next game button or something similar would be great.

I would also like to know if it is possible to add another category for artwork. The only category I'm looking to add is Box Art Alternate. I'd like to have 2 types of 3d box art for a single game and if there was another category where I could place the secondary box art, that would be helpful.

Lastly, I know this has been brought up before but I didn't see a solution for it. As far as the audit tool goes, I mainly use that to see which games are missing artwork. I there was a way for me to export that information easily it would save a lot of time. I'm not really sure where that information is stores within the lunchbox folder and if it is an xml file or not. I just want to be able to place that info into a spreadsheet.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

A way to go to the next file in the editor without having to click Ok and then open the editor on a new file may seem small, but it cannot be overstated how it would make a HUGE quality of life difference.

Being able to create custom fields for games would be nice. Currently I have to repurpose fields for inexisting ones. For instance, I use the Source field for Expected Game Length. However I understand that this would probably be more complicated and I see the point of having uniform fields for games and images.