LaunchBox Community Forums

Steam launches in background in Bigbox

Bob Benson

I started having this issue a month or so ago after having a mostly smooth experience with Steam.

I have a full size arcade I run Big Box with auto startup as the front end and have a few emulators running arcade games plus Steam running modern fighting games.

After I had it working near perfect for awhile lately I now have issues with the Steam game going into the background behind Big Box after launching. I wind up having to exit out of Big Box and click on the game on the taskbar to bring it to the front. I would say this happens about 1 out of 2 times. Most often the first time launching a game in a new session.

I should also add I used a unique solution for Steam games suggested here to overcome a problem with needing to launch vjoy with a Steam game then close it. I created a "emulator" for each Steam game using a bogus file that uses the steam game number. Then I am able to run vjoy with the launch of the game then hit escape after the game closes to also close vjoy. I don't remember all the ins and outs as to why this was the preferred solution; but I was not the only one with this need / problem.

Edited by Bob Benson

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/14/2023 at 8:49 AM, niceeffort said:

I just started having this issue as well. Curious if anyone else is seeing this problem. Even if I alt+tab to the steam window it just stays on Big Box, but I can hear the controls affecting the Steam game instead of BigBox.

Same happens to me and not a single answer on the internet on how to fix this issue. Hoping someone will finally offer a solution in the discord.