LaunchBox Community Forums

Odd, random, control reassigning in Bigbox

darkaegis

Ok, I've probably got a really niche bug here because I can't imagine too many people are using Bigbox in the exact same way as me, but here goes.

I've got Bigbox in an arcade console using an Xtension arcade controller for control. The Xtension (miniipac) is set up as a keyboard for easy use with MAME, so I've configured the keys manually in Launchbox.

Every so often, completely inexplicably, Bigbox will temporarily forget the "Page up" and "Page Down" controls, and do some weird switcharoo where "Page up" will move my cursor one space down, and "Page down" will move my cursor one space up. The issue usually disappears or fixes itself with a relaunch of Bigbox, and it never presents itself in Retroarch.

I made sure that it wasn't my controller going wonky - thanks to a suggestion in the Discord, I was able to confirm that the buttons on my Xtension hadn't changed by repeating the issue and immediately bringing up notepad to see if the buttons were broadcasting the wrong keypresses. They were fine.

Obviously not a huge issue at all, since I rarely use "page up" and "page down" anyway, but I figured it was worth reporting and seeing if anyone else had a fix or something.

Edited by darkaegis

I switched the mode of my controller (running on MiniIPAC) to act as a game controller rather than Keyboard in an attempt to maybe fix the issue and it's still happening. The controller behaves properly outside of Launchbox, but within, the "L and R" buttons, assigned to page up and page down, are both reversed and only scrolling one game at a time. None of the other buttons are getting mixed up and the problem doesn't present in Retroarch. The Windows 10 controller interface doesn't show that the buttons are switched when I alt-tab out, so I can only imagine it's something in LB.