LaunchBox Community Forums

Issue w/ Controller (8bitdo Nespro)

layne81

Guys, 

I am running BigBox through Gamestream on my Nvidia Shield TV. 

I downloaded a customized version of Launchbox and BigBox by Colpipes with all of the Roms and Emulators setup. (No Intro)

It is absolutely fantastic. The only issue I have is the controller. My left joystick on the controller... the axis is inverted so up is down and down is up. The D-Pad is normal. 

I’m not sure how to map the buttons on the controller. The automation screen shows very little under the controller. 

I have noticed that this is also the case with the Nvidia Shield controller as well.

if I hardwire to my computer with the Nespro controller there is no issue with the axis. I have no clue what is happening or how to fix it.

Any insight would be great. 

Thanks in advance,

Layne

6 hours ago, layne81 said:

Guys, 

I am running BigBox through Gamestream on my Nvidia Shield TV. 

I downloaded a customized version of Launchbox and BigBox by Colpipes with all of the Roms and Emulators setup. (No Intro)

It is absolutely fantastic. The only issue I have is the controller. My left joystick on the controller... the axis is inverted so up is down and down is up. The D-Pad is normal. 

I’m not sure how to map the buttons on the controller. The automation screen shows very little under the controller. 

I have noticed that this is also the case with the Nvidia Shield controller as well.

if I hardwire to my computer with the Nespro controller there is no issue with the axis. I have no clue what is happening or how to fix it.

Any insight would be great. 

Thanks in advance,

Layne

Where are you having this issue? Bibgox or emulators or both? It sounds to me like the gamestream is inverting your stick, have you checked the controller settings in the gamestream app?

I have seen similar issues with my left stick as well, although after I map my inputs, all my cores and ROMs work fine, just the retroarch menu still had the inversion, but the d-pad works fine there.

One trick that may work for you is using VirtualHere.  You can essentially share any USB device plugged into your Shield with your host PC using this software like it was directly plugged in.  I use this for my Mayflash Dolphinbar (for Wii games).

Edit: also for reference I don't have an inverted control stick in BigBox, just in retroarch.  I believe they have some sort of incorrect profile mapped for input devices shared through GameStream 

Edited by loueradun