LaunchBox Community Forums

Additional Media Metadata Handling (Angry Video Game Nerd, Commecials, etc.)

idgarad

How can we handle in the collection additional media links. For example in the NES data for a game, what about linking to things like an Angry Video Game Nerd episode that is linked to that game title, or an archive of the commercial for a game? Perhaps a scraping option for specific whitelisted channels\personalities? I am much more interested in the archival aspect of the emu-scene and building out the historical archive is big on my list. Any thoughts on how to handle that expanded data via Launchbox\BigBox?

When you edit a particular game, go to the tab that lets you add additional apps. You can link anything you want there. It's not just for apps, You can link pdf files, images and so on. I haven't linked youtube videos but you should be able to.

Here is a video on how to do it: 

Edited by Styphelus
  • Like 1

I was think more along the lines to embed into a theme a video player entry that can play a youtube video (or random selection of videos). Then be able to contribute that entry to online databases or start an simple XML file that could have extended metadata for youtube videos that are relevant to the title.

<expandedMedia>
  <platform=NES>
    <title> Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
  	<video>
    	<type> Review </type>
    	<url> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08OrFMEC6AE </url>
    	<author> Cheese Toast </author>
  	</video>
    <video>
      <type> Parody </type>
      <url> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMwW4NGEk_Q </url>
      <author> Angry Video Game Nerd (James Rolf) </author>