LaunchBox Community Forums

N64 control troubles

Shuntaro84

I'm having a bit of an issue with my N64 control settings.

All C buttons are set to the right analog stick on my thrustmaster 3.2 controller. But for some mysterious reason C up is also mapped to C right even though the controller menu says otherwise. This means that when I hit right in goldeneye I'll slide right while aiming down. This is less than ideal. I've checked the controller mappings and nothing is wrong on that end. Furthermore it's working just fin in other games and emulators. Only in N64 this is a problem. I tried mapping the D-pad to the right stick and the c-buttons to controller D-pad. This resulted in a CTD.

I'm kinda stumped here hope you can help 

You did not say which emulator you are using. If it is Retroarch, you could try unmapping everything just for this game and core and save it as a unique configuration file, and after that you start to mapping the controller just for that one that is giving you trouble. Maybe an update could have messed up your controller configuration.