LaunchBox Community Forums

Big problems

Thunderwing25

Hi Guys,

new at this, so please bear with me, I'm making a new emu box that I can have by my tv. but I'm struggling with running most Opengl games, ps1 (beetle psx hw), dreamcast (any) and I know I'm going to have problems with others. retroarch is my main issue as none of these will work at all, but stand alone emulator (for psx) will work great. I'm now pulling my hair out as I don't know what to do.

my system is i5, 2500k with 8gb ram and GeForce 1050gtx graphics

please help me

That card should have no problem at all with OpenGL games, as it supports OpenGL 4.6 which is the most up-to-date version of OpenGL, which is better than the requirements that many OpenGL-capable emulators require.  I guess the first thing to do is check to make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your nVidia card

Assuming you're running Windows 10 64-bit, here's a link for the latest drivers for your video card:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/140341/en-us

I know Windows 10 will usually install a version of the nVidia drivers, but it might not be full-features.  It's always best to install the drivers directly from nVidia whenever possible.  Try that first and see if that fixes whatever issues you're having.  if you're still having issues report back as to what you're seeing (errors etc.) and someone should be able to assist with other suggestions.

PS. Also, for each emulator make sure you have the video renderer in the settings set to use OpenGL, if that's what you want to use.  Many emulators will use D3D as the default settings, and you need to select OpenGL if you want to use that instead.

PSS. In retroarch there's also a section where you can select which driver you want for your video driver (ie. D3D, OpenGL, Vulkan, etc.).  I'm not at my gaming PC right now, but I think this screenshot shows where/what to select if you want OpenGL to be your primary driver in Retroarch:

Image result for retroarch video driver selection

Hope this helps,
CDBlue

Edited by CDBlue
  • Like 1