LaunchBox Community Forums

What’s the best way to remap controller for windows games without messing bigbox?

topcatuk

Now I’ve tried all sorts and got stuck getting workable controls  

Ive got bigbox with mame on and all runs great. I’ve also got a windows section with a mix of games. Some normal exe and sone pulled in from steam. 

My arcade games using mame and my stuff using retroarch works fine but my windows games like mortal kombat XL from steam doesn’t have the correct buttons  so I can use steam to map the buttons and the game works great ? apart from bigbox gets confused and the menus jump up and down two at a time as it’s tegistering double input. 

So I turned off bigbox gamepad and then it works up and down my menus one at a time fine... but the buttons no longer work!

So then I’ve tried xpadder which works on one of my games but then if I put it in my mortal kombat steam location and try and setup xpadder, it just crashes  

so I’m a bit stuck! I’m after a way to configure my normal bartop arcade buttons to work as a controller for both bigbox navigation, mame, retroarch and windows games  

oh I should add, it’s not bigbox, I’ve tried emulation station and got the same unless I disable steam controls and then my buttons are wrong