LaunchBox Community Forums

Game with Several Bootleg in my collection

andrea_ita

hello to everyone...

i want to have in my collection air gallet. This game have several bootleg revision with different scenarios and backgroung. If i add these games versions, in my launchbox and bigbox can't have different release.

AIRGALLET

AIRGALLETA

agalletah

agalletat 

etc.... how i can have different screnshots and videos for different release?

this is a link with this type of game, that i would want to have in different release exposed... 

http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/lista_mame.php?ricerca=air+gallet&arcade_only=0

actually i have these games only with Air Gallet "generic" version.. 6 release are shown in my launchbox e bigbox DB without difference

who can help me? thanks in advance

I would also like yo know what to do in this cases, sometimes a game has the same name but have different graphics, sometimes the game Is completely different (un the Commodore 64 are quite a few examples), what I do Is to create a new game with different name, for example I add the releaser between parenthesis, so I can put the corresponding media. For me it's fine and works perfectly,but those are games not Linked to a game in LB database, and sometimes I would like to share that media by uploading to  the database, and don't know the right way to do it, maybe someone can tell how. But, taking that off, my answer to your question would be,as I said, adding those games and manually rename them so each one has a different name. Another aproach would be to keep the same name for all of them and use the rom name in the media files, but you would have to manually put those media files in the corresponding folders of LB.

launchbox / bigbox are great frontend with the possibility to add video and picture.

in emulationstation program creates xml files for all roms added.

like you have replied there some cases with several release of similar game.

i would like to think that a frontend like this supports this option

Someone can help us?