LaunchBox Community Forums

Startup screens displaying on wrong monitor

Dr_Hix

Hi there, please excuse me if this is a repeat post; I've tried searching for a while and couldn't find anything.

When I launch a game through Launchbox, the startup screen for the game always displays on my second monitor. Regardless of which monitor Launchbox is in or the emulator loads in, the startup screen remains on the same monitor. Is there a way to change this? Thanks in advance

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I don’t know if any of you fixed this, but this may help someone else in the future. I had the same problem with LB opening Startup Screens on wrong monitor. I tried all kinds of fixes and options, but to make long story short, I eventually opened Big Box and it opened on wrong monitor as well. I went into BB general options and found that my display that was identified as #2 in Windows’ Display Settings was identified as display #1 by BB. As soon as I switched over to display #2 in BB options (Display #1 in Windows’ Display Settings), both my LB Startup Screens and BB opened on the monitor they  were supposed to.

I’m guessing that because Windows’ “display #2” was my original single monitor display for LB/ BB, when I added the 2nd monitor that became Windows “display #1”, LB/BB did not sync w/ Windows Display Settings and just added that monitor as a 2nd display thereby creating a glitch in the matrix. I hope this makes sense and helps someone. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2