LaunchBox Community Forums

Different games on the same platform are sharing media

Gill Figno

Since the last update (at least this is the first I've noticed it) some unrelated games are sharing media. For instance Dune (1992) and Frank Herbert's Dune (2001) for PC are sharing media (logos and screenshots). Additionally, I ran into problems with NecroVision and it's expansion, Outcast and it's remake and Superfrog and Superfrog HD for instance. These all have different Launchbox database ID's and different titles, but they are still sharing media suddenly. I went so far as to rename Dune and Frank Herbert's Dune to be completely different things and they were still somehow sharing media, even after deleting both of them and restoring each link. Even more odd is that Alone in the Dark (1993) and Alone in the Dark (2008) are not having the issue at all, even though in my collection they are both called "Alone in the Dark." I've been dealing with trying to solve this issue all day and the closest I've come to a solution is to rename the exe files, then delete both from my collection and start over, but it still doesn't work in every case.

Anyone else having this problem or know how to solve it?