LaunchBox Community Forums

Final Fantasy 7 Remako Mod with 7th Heaven.

e2zippo

Hey! I just bought the steam version of FF7 since the Remako mod just got updated to 1.0, it looks amazing! If you're interested https://captrobau.blogspot.com/2019/05/remako-mod-version-10-released.html

However, to use most mods with FF7 you have to launch the game through an application called 7th Heaven.

It looks like this.

So for now I've mapped FF7 in LB to 7thHeaven.exe

That Launch Game button doesn't seem to be mapped to any hotkey afaik, but you guys are very creative here so I thought I'd ask if anyone has a clue how to launch this directly, it's not exactly couch firendly as it is now.

Cheers!7th.thumb.PNG.8d20f160147500f12759191a1a9d5e16.PNG

• 11 months later...

I've got it starting easily enough.  I put "7th Heaven.exe" as the application path, and "/PROFILE:Default /LAUNCH" in the command line parameters.  To keep the startup pretty I overrode the default start screen settings to hide all windows that aren't exclusively fullscreen.

The UAC prompt still pops up.  UAC can be turned off, but that creates a security hole.  I haven't figured this out yet.

I created the following .bat file and set it in the 7th Heaven -> Settings -> Game Launcher -> Programs to Run Prior to FF7

@echo off
sleep 60
:check
tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq ff7.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "ff7.exe">NUL
if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" (goto check) else "7th Heaven.exe" /Quit

Everything runs beautifully, except for the UAC prompt.  I don't see a way around it.