LaunchBox Community Forums

Clear Logos Sizes

Lilg1983

Hello everyone I hope this is the right place to post this and this has probably been asked before When it comes to clear logos in BigBox what is the standard size that A Logo should be for Game and Platforms Alike I seen one place saying (400X175px) but if you open logos in lets say Photoshop some are one size while others are different Lets use N64 for an example If I look at Super Mario 64 the clear art I have is (400x151px) but then Legend of Zelda  The Ocarina of Time is (400x175px) would it hurt for them to be all the same size or does the size depend on the name of the game and how many words are in it and also what is the Largest They Should be before they start bleeding into the video Snaps or other parts of the theme any help would be Greatly appreciated I hope I am not confusing People Again Thanks

I have posted images of Super Mario 64 and Legend of Zelda The Ocarina of Time Mario Being (400x151px) and Zelda Being (400x175)

Super Mario 64 (USA).png

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (USA).png

• Like 1

A little back history here - A lot of the clear logos were taken from Hyperspin and Emumovies and were done years ago. Since Hyperspin did not resize artwork like Launchbox does, clear logos had to be made standard at 400x175. Launchbox can take any size file and resize it on the go so no one bothers resizing artwork anymore. The good thing is now you can have clear logos and game covers at much larger resolutions and are future proof. The bad thing is there are no standards anymore so you end up with different sizes in your artwork folders. It only bothers people with OCD like you and me. The size will have no effect on how launchbox displays the artwork. It will not bleed into other parts of the screen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Styphelus said:

A little back history here - A lot of the clear logos were taken from Hyperspin and Emumovies and were done years ago. Since Hyperspin did not resize artwork like Launchbox does, clear logos had to be made standard at 400x175. Launchbox can take any size file and resize it on the go so no one bothers resizing artwork anymore. The good thing is now you can have clear logos and game covers at much larger resolutions and are future proof. The bad thing is there are no standards anymore so you end up with different sizes in your artwork folders. It only bothers people with OCD like you and me. The size will have no effect on how launchbox displays the artwork. It will not bleed into other parts of the screen.

Thanks for the Info @Styphelus it is good to know LaunchBox resizes the images this makes it easier to Create Hi-res clear Logos Custom Ones that is. The Problem is that as you said our OCD doesn't Like Different Sizes in the folder even if they all end up being the same size in Launchbox/Bigbox  Thanks Again 

Edited by Lilg1983
  • Like 1