LaunchBox Community Forums

DOS Box crashes on my laptop now. Trying to figure out why...

PurpleTentacle

So my main version of Launch Box is on my desktop, but I also keep a version of it on my laptop. I tried running a DOS game last night, and while DOS Box launched, it crashed before it properly loaded. I tried running DOS Box outside of Launch Box, and it had the same problem. I had a version of DOS Box on my laptop, unrelated to LaunchBox, and when I ran it, it opened up fine. I tried deleting DOS Box in my Launch Box folder & replacing it with that version. When I ran it from that location, it ran fine. So I booted up LaunchBox (noticed that it updated something in the DOS Box folder), and when I tried to run a DOS game, it crashed again.

Now, on my laptop, I don't remember having a problem in the past. I copied the version of Launch Box from my desktop PC to my laptop (and DOS Box runs on my desktop without issue), and when I tried to run a DOS game from within Launch Box, DOS Box crashed again.

Any ideas on what the issue might be?