LaunchBox Community Forums

Using RetroArch to run MAME games - looking to make it so that both the D pad & left analogue stick control movement so that the user can choose either without going into the menus. Having some issues, though...

PurpleTentacle

I'd also be ok with how to switch from the analogue stick to the D-pad, but I'm having trouble with that too...

I was playing Ms. Pacman last night, and noticed that using the analogue stick was rather wonky. Since it's an 8 way stick for a 4 direction game. it doesn't always interpret my intentions well, even if I'm careful. So I tried to redo the controls for the D-pad by going into RetroArch's Settings--> Input --> User 1 Binds. Then I switched the binds for the D-pad & analogue stick. It worked... *except* for the the fact that up & down no longer worked! Just left & right. 

Just to be sure, I have tried other games that use the D-pad, and the up & down buttons work on my gamepad (It's the 8bitdo SN30 Pro). Oddly enough, when I tried my X-Box One controller, nothing I remapped changed anything, making me even more confused as to what's going on.

Ideally, I'd like both the D-pad & left analogue stick to work, although I don't know if there are games that use those separately, so I'm not sure that's a good idea. But as a backup option, I wanted to be able to remap the D-pad so that it works. I've never had problems in the past, so I'm a bit confused as to why it's not working now.

Any ideas?