LaunchBox Community Forums

Help with ExoDos

BaeyoBlackbeard

So i'm currently building my collection of games and came across ExoDos. Now I only want specific titles from this awesome collection rather than the whole thing but i'm having trouble integrating them into Launchbox (which is weird to me since the newer ExoDos comes with Launchbox). When I install a test game via Launchbox it gives me an error saying a bunch of the install files for that game are missing (the title I'm testing with is Aces of the Pacific if that matters).

I naturally thought that maybe it was preconfigured to not need the install so I added it as a pre-installed game and that didn't work either. Am I missing something? Since I have Launchbox Premium (which has a complete DosBox built into it) I would assume nothing is missing there and that everything the game would need would be in its archive.. Any help or a link to a tutorial that deals specifically with games from ExoDos would be helpful as a typical tutorial for Dos games yielded no results. Cheers.

• 3 months later...

You do not have to install those games via Launchbox... Let me explain.
In my case, I didn't need the whole list of games so I created a batch file .bat to extract only the games I wanted from Exodos. In this case I realized the MS-DOS.xml plattform contained a list of favorites so I took those names and only moved the corresponding roms (.zip) to my Launchbox folder. You could do the same just by picking up those game you want manually.
The rest of the installation I just followed the steps on the Exodos manual.
Renember that you need the files contained in "!dos" folder inside games in order to be able to install the games and execute them from within Launchbox. Those contain the dosbox.config for every game and a .bat file to execute them. If you only want to install a handfull of them you have to be sure picking up the right folder in "!dos" corresponding the game. For example, the right folder to execute the game contained in Destruction Derby 2 (1996).zip is called "DeDerby2". Having that and the MS-DOS.xml from exodos should work.
The games are preconfigured, you do not need actually to install them, unzipping them works.
The manual is pretty clear on how to merge Exodos into another installation I would double checked it in case you missed something.
Good luck!