LaunchBox Community Forums

Need Help and Parts Ideas 4 Custom Arcade Machine

conFIGured

Hello All,

I have been using Launchbox/BigBox for a couple years now and maintaining my own personal collection on my PC with a simple controller. Recently my buddy who works for a Fiber Optic lighting company, commisioned me to build 2 arcade machines for a rental house client of theirs. These things are huge, its like sitting in a star wars cockpit with 4 chairs and an 80inch TV! Luckily his company is doing all the CNC fabrication of the setup but I am in charge of doing all the internal. 

What I am looking for is a nice list of high quality parts for buttons, joysticks, flight sticks, roll balls, LED Lighting Marquee, Control boards from the buttons to the PC, light guns, and anything else I may not know about. The PC part i got covered, going to be a top of the line with plenty of room and fast to handle anything thrown at it with no lag. 

Ive been browsing through the forums and videos and I cannot seem to find a good detailed or high quality tried and true list of parts needed(these parts need to stand up for a long time and against rental people who dont care about things...lol). Specially the control board for the everything like the buttons to communicate to the PC. It will be a windows PC using launchbox/big box of course.

I am also looking into some controllers that will work very seamless with the setup, xbox controllers or anything else that would be good for NES, SNES, GameCube/N64(unique controllers) etc and so forth. 

I know the picture only shows 2 chairs and control stations, but it will end up being 4 players and 4 chairs.

These are for 10 room rental houses in Florida, the houses have even been on the news as hollywood vacation houses in davenport FL. I will definately give a shoutout to the people who help me on the parts list. I will not forget! Our names will be on the back or somewhere as designed/built/special thanks too :)

Thank you very much for all of your help guys!!

conFIGured.

Space-Wall-Ver-2.jpg

Edited by conFIGured

Maybe i should reiterate, I didnt mean i need someone to put together a parts list for me. I am just looking for help on the names of good companys to get parts from that are dependable. The name of the boards for hooking up the arcade buttons/sticks to that will go to a PC etc etc.

I can do the hardwork myself, i just cant find a good list of parts. Ive been looking through the forums here as well and I must be blind, if anybody has a link to a list anywhere that would be much appreciated also.

Thank you.

I’ll put my nod for Ultimarc products.

Their iPac line for buttons/controllers are top notch, provide plenty of flexibility and Andy provides great support.

i recently switched my cabinet buttons to their illuminated gold leaf buttons and absolutely love them.

After trying various joysticks, I settled on their ServoStiks. They have other joysticks with different feature sets, but These are probably closer to what most people expect in arcade sticks.

Their Spintrak and U-trak I endorse as well