LaunchBox Community Forums

Having problems getting UI settings to apply

klepp0906

So im nearing being finished with my importing and have started to look at some of the options for customizing launchbox's UI.   Unfortunately, its looking like many of the options arent working/being obeyed/applying properly.

I did a barebones install on my backup pc to test and while the library is empty, it is the same version of launchbox - and seems to be working there.  

Unsure if it can be buggy, or if its something inherent to my install.   If its the latter - obviously would like options for a remedy.  

I wont go into all the settings that dont seem to be applying (coloration related stuff) just one as its easiest to describe, and I imagine theres a good chance that if I can find out whats causing it to behave the way it is, the others will likely be rooted in the same place. 

The option (which is set by default i believe) to use your desktop background (wallpaper) as your launchbox UI background seems to do nothing.   I'm met/left with a plain grey background.

The option to use a custom background - If i select this and choose a wallpaper.png from my local collection, it does nothing - still met with a plain grey background.

Even if I use the blownup boxart option, simply doesnt change. 

The only option that changes anything is if I select to use the default launchbox background. at which point I get the textured looking background with all the black dots.

Any ideas why it would behave/misbehave in such a way?

Worth noting I have two monitors, and they both have a different background however its displaying neither and I tried setting them both the same with the same result.

(unsure if this could even be related to the fact i often have to refresh images several times before they "stick")

Tried running as admin to no end.  The app is on a non-system drive but from what i understand its wholly portable so that shouldnt make a difference?

Taking all suggestions :P I cant stand when something isnt working, even if its something purely aesthetic.

EDIT.  just tried to use the desktop background again.  Closed and reopened launchbox.  seleted a game called space invaders which gave me the clear logo/background.  Then whenever I selected another category, the background stayed as space invaders /shrug.

somethings Janky and Im not sure what my next step in fixing it could/should be.   Im not familiar enough with launchbox just yet to delete settings/files etc without risk/knowing what takes what with it at the expense of messing something up. 

Edited by klepp0906