LaunchBox Community Forums

Issues running saturn usb controller in Big Box over steam link

Dezmancer

I use a sega saturn controller with a mayflash USB adaptor to play Saturn and Genesis games through Launchbox. I have no problem playing using to play through launchbox directly on my PC, but things seem to get weird when I try to play it through the steam link. While I can use the controller normally when navigating through the big box UI, as soon as I boot up a game very few of my buttons seem to work. If I press start for example i'll just get the steam HUD (As if I had pressed the guide button on an xbox controller) and can't really do much else.

Since this only happens when I try to play a game on big box through Steam, I am guessing Steam is doing something to get in the way of the process here but am not sure what or how to get rid of it while also retaining the functionality I need to use the controller in big box mode and such. Has anyone else encountered this issue or one similar to it?

EDIT: Well just after I posted that I fixed (it needed to be configured in steam as xbox controller and not a generic controller), feel free to delete.

Edited by Dezmancer