LaunchBox Community Forums

Air Mouse MAME Issues

Drakkorcia

I bought a Rii i25 to play lightgun games on MAME and it's becoming quite problematic. A regular mouse works fine but when I connect the air mouse and load a game it causes serious lag and goes into test mode for a few seconds, back to the rom, back to test mode, back to the rom... laggy and stuttering the whole time. In other words, general emulation problems.

I wonder if the air mouse is recognized as an actual lightgun instead of a mouse because for whatever reason my wireless mouse works fine. This Rii i25 has caused all kinds of weird behavior such as Area 51 going into an endless Cojag self diagnostic loop.

I am going to experiment but if anyone here uses an air mouse or Wiimote, anything other than an Aimtrak, I would be interested to know your MAME settings or any other advice you may have.

Edited by Drakkorcia