LaunchBox Community Forums

Anyone use Zero Delay boards and Mame/Steam?

alabamamercy

I just got my cabinet built and controls set up. I’m using two Zero Delay boards that show up as Generic Joysticks in Windows. I’m having a hard time with figuring out the mappings for both Mame and Steam games. I’m using BigBox for the front end so I thought I’d post here for help since I figure most people here would be using Mame or Steam. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  suraj palette

Retroarch games work for the most part. If I hit TAB during a game I can change the mappings fine. But how can I change this for all games not one at a time? Also some games, mainly Nintendo, don’t even show a menu when I hit TAB. But the joystick works fine within a game but the directions are reversed.   senior living homes in india

For other emulators like Daphne, PlayStation, Sega etc I’ve no clue what I need to change as the TAB key doesn’t seem to be recognized. Also within these the escape key also doesn’t even return me to the BigBox. I have to alt-tab and leave it running in the background.

Edited by alabamamercy

Hi, Have you made sure you have wired up the zero delay boards correctly, its very easy to mess up the directions, have built 4 bartops using them so i know its easy to get them wrong but very easy to swap the wires around, guess thats why its messing up the software controls, hope that makes sense ?

Edited by -neo-