LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox Slow to Launch

Clinto69

I had posted this in the Noobs section, because I am indeed a Noob, however i didnt get any responses. My BigBox is very slow to launch. I only have 4 platforms and about 9 games BUT my PC is old and so that doesnt surprise me. It takes about a minute to load. So I installed the Comix Theme which i love. And then i used the Comix Start video thinking that would be better than look at the BigBox logo for 50 seconds. Sure enough, i still had about 20 seconds of just black screen from the time the video ended until BigBox launched. So I edited the video to run for a minute. However, i still have a 20 second black screen between end of video? So bit the bullet and created a 90 second start video..........and I still have a 20 second black screen at end of video until BigBox launch.

Is there some setting I need to switch on/off in BigBox? It feels like I could have a 20 minute start video and I would still have this 20 seconds delay?

Thank you