LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch and BezelProject

SteveT79

I wrote a small program that assists in "correcting" Bezels for console rom sets.  What it does is normalize the ROM names and bezel names then runs a textual comparison between the two and taking the closest match between the two.  It lists out the ROM and bezel names for you to choose whether or not it was a correct match then renames the bezel config in retroarch to match the ROM name.  I used this to fix SNES, Genesis, NES, etc where the ROM names were not the standard bezel name, (USA) vs (US) or missing The, and/or IV vs 4.  It worked pretty well but the software was only for personal use so it's 1 not finished, just something I could throw together in 10 mins and give me results so I could get all bezels working.  I could finish it and make it more releasable to the public.  Is this something this group would find useful?

I also had some other routines I wrote to run though all bezels and set transparency (I didn't like the default 50%) and also add a default shader. 

If someone else wants to tackle something similar and make it into a Windows/Linux port for retropie I can post what I have for source as well.  Mine was Windows only.

• Like 1