LaunchBox Community Forums

2 issues: 1st - Launching games from Big Box causes controller issues in RetroArch. 2nd - a MAME game is defaulting to the same media as another game w/ a similar name.

PurpleTentacle

I saw someone else on the forums have the 1st issue, which occurs for me after opening a game using RetroArch in Big Box (the other person had the issue when launching games in Launch Box, difference being that they were using a controller for the LB UI, and I'm not). After a bit of experimentation, I figured out that the most likely cause of this is because I set up the same set of hotkeys for Big Box that I did for RetroArch (pressing down on the left thumbstick & left/right on the d-pad controls the volume for both Big Box & RetroArch for me). This causes a "Port Mapping Failed" error, once it occurs. I'm assuming there's some sort of conflict with Big Box listening to the hotkeys & RetroArch doing the same (this is still occurring as of 10.10). I'm just going to remove the Big Box hotkeys for now (if the problem still occurs, I'll edit this post).

Like I said, I saw someone else mention this issue on this forum, but I've narrowed it down to the conditions which I think recreate the problem, and wanted to make sure the dev(s) knew.

The other problem I have is that Guardians of the 'Hood (MAME) is overlapping with the media files from the MAME game, "Guardian". Both games scraped to the correct Launch Box ID, but for some reason, their images are getting mixed up. I think the problem might be because the game, "Guardian" has the zip file name of grdian.zip, where as Guardians of the 'Hood has guardian.zip as the file name. Not sure if there's a solution for it on my end?