LaunchBox Community Forums

"Close Game" controller option closes everything (and doesn't play nice with Retroarch)

SharkLazer

The default for "Close Game" in the controller mapping appears to be doing the same thing on Windows 10 as alt-F4.

It took me a long time to figure out why my "go to menu" preset in Retroarch was killing Retroarch instead of just going to the menu. I couldn't find much info about it, except that apparently some Steam defaults do the same thing.

I don't know when this mapping entered Launchbox, I've been away from things for a bit and Retroarch is the only place I have Start+Select mapped to anything on purpose.

While I was troubleshooting, I noticed that Start+Select was closing windows and acting just like alt-F4 but it took a long time to figure out that it was Launchbox doing it.

Mostly I'm posting this in the hopes that if other people run into the same issue they'll have some chance of finding the answer faster than I did :)

Ultimately it would be nice if the Launchbox controller configs could be set up in a way that wasn't causing changes in other apps, but I don't know if that's really possible. For now I've just disabled controller mapping entirely, since leaving even navigation on was causing double hit or ghosting problems in some games.