LaunchBox Community Forums

M3U and multiple CUE files in one zip/rar/7z. How do i get LB to send the M3U to RetroArch instead of randomly choosing?!

Z3R0B4NG

I've noticed when i create an .m3u playlist then put it and all disc images (cue/bin) in one zip file (on double click in launchbox it extracts it all to the local Temp folder), then LaunchBox does NOT by default start the .m3u file with RetroArch, it often starts one of the .cue files instead and it seems completely random which file is getting started.  

I had all variants happen so far, cue from CD1 or 2 or the m3u.  
I can't figure out the logic behind it.  

I tried making sure the m3u file is alphabetically the first, later the last file in the zip, for one file it seemed to work, the next one didn't care at all. i also made sure it has the neweset date inside the .zip ...no, not that either.  

I'm wondering if there is ANY logic to this, or do multi disc games seriously force you to have the roms and disk images sitting there uncompressed, wasting space?

Edited by Z3R0B4NG