LaunchBox Community Forums

Two Buttons Functioning as "Pause"

zeroyear27

Hey guys. N00b here.

I use LaunchBox for my arcade. I have a 2 player control panel. On the 2 player side, there is a "start", "coin", "pause" button that work just fine. However, one of the buttons used for gameplay is also functioning as "pause". It is irritating because my 5 year old gets excited during a game and hits the button by mistake and pauses the game. How am I able to disable this and just have it so that the "pause" button is the only button that actually pauses it? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Is the pause the version that is Launchbox driven and it shows the Launchbox/BigBox Pause screen or is it just simply pausing the game and you still see the game?

Depending on the answer you would either need to remove the button from bindings in LB/BB or go to the emulator and remove that button from the bind for pause there. 

It simply pauses the game and it freezes. I see the pause logo on the upper right hand part of the screen. I go to “Hotkey binds” and under Pause Toggle, it says “key: p” but I’m not seeing anywhere to disable it completely. This is happening in MAME and Super Nintendo games so it seems to be a RetroArch thing.

Edited by zeroyear27

1 hour ago, zeroyear27 said:

It simply pauses the game and it freezes. I see the pause logo on the upper right hand part of the screen. I go to “Hotkey binds” and under Pause Toggle, it says “key: p” but I’m not seeing anywhere to disable it completely. This is happening in MAME and Super Nintendo games so it seems to be a RetroArch thing.

I would just bind it to the same key you have bound for Pause in LB/BB . But if you want to delete it an easy way is just to edit the Retroarch.cfg file. Find the line for input_pause_toggle and change "p" to "nul"

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 7.12.10 AM.png