LaunchBox Community Forums

How to edit COLORFUL Theme and show Favorites or Recent on Platform Wheel?

azz09

Hi, I have looked through the theme videos and forums but cannot find how to do the following: 

I love the COLORFUL Theme, but really want Favorites and Recent for each Platform in the Platform Wheel view, like is shown in Default or CriticalZone or a few others.

I am editing the XAML files and found the right place (I am going to remove the text area and replace with a row that shows favorites.)

(I read the Documentation PDF in Themes folder, but it never really mentions how to show Favorites, I am guessing its TopBoxesView?)

If I copy and paste this from Default Theme in the Platform Wheel 1, it does not work. 

<transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Row="3" TransitionSelector="{Binding TopBoxesTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding TopBoxesView}" />

So I copied a portion of the COLORFUL Platform Wheel 1 theme view and edited with TopBoxesView

<transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Column="1" Grid.ColumnSpan="4" Grid.Row="3" Grid.RowSpan="2" TransitionSelector="{Binding TopBoxesTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding TopBoxesView}"/>

But this throws an error in Big Box, so I am stuck. 

Anyway, thank you for any guidance!

I figured this out in case anyone is interested in adding favorites / recent to COLORFUL Platform view. 

I had to remove the animation for the text area under title since I removed the code snippet that shows the text (NOTE BLOC TEXT).

Under this section, just remove the code there with animation.

<!-- ANIMATION - NOTE BLOC TEXT - FADE IN + UP SLIDE -->

Here is what ended up working , although still work in progress, sizing of the images etc. still needs to be played with. I can post the final code once I am done. 

<transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Column="1" Grid.ColumnSpan="4" Grid.Row="3" Grid.RowSpan="2" TransitionSelector="{Binding TopBoxesTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding TopBoxesView}"/>

Yes for sure, I did hit a snag though, because the way COLORFUL lays out Platform Wheel, if you joystick over to Favorites, you cannot go down to press the A button to launch that platform. So you can launch a favorite but not sure how to get between favs and A launch without switching to another platform. I am going to play with it more. 

I was messing around last night with Default, and using white background with Platform Wheel 1 on that, stripping away the top right content, and just leaving favs and recents rows, with the bg video from COLORFUL for that platform, did not look half bad, but the favs/recent boxes cover the video too much. Anyway, will keep playing and share some stuff for sure!