LaunchBox Community Forums

No-Intro did a thing with regions (USA, Europe, Brazil) and (Japan, USA, Brazil) that confuses Launchbox

Z3R0B4NG

I just updated my No-Intro set for the Sega Master System after over a year...
apparently Brazil is now super important for this System because half the set was renamed to include the following, obnoxiously long, region tags.

(Europe, Brazil)
(USA, Europe, Brazil)
(USA, Brazil)
(Japan, Brazil)
(Japan, USA, Brazil)

i think those are all variants...  

results:
- LaunchBox gets confused and leaves the region field blank (especially for the tags with 3 regions)  
- When i select the (USA, Europe, Brazil) with the Make Default button, the region still stays Japan and i need to manually change it to North America  
- if you tell LaunchBox to combine roms with the same name into one game and prioritize US > EU > GER  regions (i'm german, there are germany exclusive games here and there) such roms without the region filled in are of course not taken into consideration and you end up with (Japan) as the primary rom while you have a (USA, Europe, Brazil) rom that you would want to be the default rom.  
- Beta roms are in the set as well, many of which did not have Brazil added, in those cases the Beta rom has the region filled in while the retail game does not and you end up with the Beta rom as the default option.  

It would be REALLY convenient if LaunchBox could get ahead of this... if not for me then for the next guy who imports an up to date No-Intro Sega Master System set.  

( I know i could make a 1G1R set, not what i want to do, not the point of LB having those options )

regions.jpg