LaunchBox Community Forums

dolphin emulator -controllers

Eli631

hello everyone.

i need help to solve something with controllers in dolphin emulator.

i have a cabinet with pc build in, and 2 controllers of xbox  and 2 zero dealay encoders with buttons and stick pluged in.

so the problem is that i want to make the one of the controllers of xbox and one of the arcade buttons to be player 1 in the same time. so in some games like fighting games i can use both whenever i want as player 1 without the need of change it manually everytime.

i did it in the pcsx2 emulator and in demul without problem since there is option to use alternate controller.

but i can't find a way to do it in the dolphin emulator.

thanks, and sorry for my english.

You can add a custom control configuration per game by adding the command in game ini. I did this to every wii game I have because each game have different control (motion, nun chuck, sideway, classic controller and gamecube controller).

Check this for the complete command list:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-howto-using-gameini-settings-per-game

Dont forget to add [Controls] before the commad line

for example 

—————————————

[Controls]

#player1

padtype0 = 6

padprofile1 = XBox One [p1]

#player2

padtype1 = 6

padprofile2 = XBox One [p2]

——————————————-

Also, make sure to add a profile for each player because if use the same profile for every player then player 1 will control every one. The wii and the gamecube controlers have different command lines for controlers.

Hope this helps

Edited by Old School
  • Thanks 1