LaunchBox Community Forums

RPCS3 ESC hotkey

LK236

10 minutes ago, LK236 said:

oh ok got it, i tried tthat AHK but it doesnt work for me, maybe i am doing something wrong?

Is this in LaunchBox or BigBox. I see you said LB in your first post just want to confirm.

Are you actually using the escape key or an arcade control or gamepad?

Just now, Retro808 said:

Is this in LaunchBox or BigBox. I see you said LB in your first post just want to confirm.

Are you actually using the escape key or an arcade control or gamepad?

i use both LB and BB, but i usually press the ESC regardless of using a gamepad.

in both LB/BB, when trying to press ESC it only exits the fullscreen. i haven't really used the controller to exit games.

Just now, LK236 said:

i use both LB and BB, but i usually press the ESC regardless of using a gamepad.

in both LB/BB, when trying to press ESC it only exits the fullscreen. i haven't really used the controller to exit games.

That's because Escape directly in RPCS3 is the key to exit fullscreen. Alt+F4 will close the emulator. Try the code below. I just tested and it works.

ESC::
 Send !{f4}

4 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

That's because Escape directly in RPCS3 is the key to exit fullscreen. Alt+F4 will close the emulator. Try the code below. I just tested and it works.

Send !{f4}

That worked perfectly, thanks so much i was baffled on how to get this to work

• 3 years later...
On 4/12/2020 at 2:36 PM, Retro808 said:

Send !{f4}

Is there a way to map the shortcut to a controller for LB and BB? I would like to be playing a PS3 from either LB or BB and use my controller to close the emulator and pick another game without using my keyboard. I use the short cut R3+L3 for PCSX2. I would like to keep that shortcut if I could.

Edited by MaxxFawver

12 minutes ago, MaxxFawver said:

Is there a way to map the shortcut to a controller for LB and BB? I would like to be playing a PS3 from either LB or BB and use my controller to close the emulator and pick another game without using my keyboard. I use the short cut R3+L3 for PCSX2. I would like to keep that shortcut if I could.

Yes, just map those buttons in LB and BB. LB and BB have separate mappings so you need to do both. Also in BB you want to map to the option for "Close Active Window".