LaunchBox Community Forums

Save states

GingerOverlord

Hi,

Brand new to Launchbox, please be gentle.

I have been using Launchbox to play some PlayStation games over the past couple of days and things have been fine. What I want to know is, how do I use 'save states' in Launchbox? I can use them fine in Epsxe but it doesn't appear to work within Launchbox.

Any help is appreciated.

Stay safe.

GingerOverlord

1 hour ago, GingerOverlord said:

Hi,

Brand new to Launchbox, please be gentle.

I have been using Launchbox to play some PlayStation games over the past couple of days and things have been fine. What I want to know is, how do I use 'save states' in Launchbox? I can use them fine in Epsxe but it doesn't appear to work within Launchbox.

Any help is appreciated.

Stay safe.

GingerOverlord

LB Save/Load from the Pause menu only activates the emulator's save states so you need to set the AHK script to use the save and load keys the emulator uses. So for epsxe the is F1 and F3.

In manage emulators you need to edit epsxe and in the Pause menu tab make sure the below script is in save tab then do the same in the load tab but change the key to F3.

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 6.52.15 AM.png

18 minutes ago, GingerOverlord said:

Hi Retro,

Thanks for your response.

Trying to edit Epsxe through Launchbox. It won't allow me to input the script onto the 'pause screen'/'save state' screen. Do I need the paid-for version in order for me to do this?

Cheers,

GingerOverlord.

If it will not let you edit than it is likely not in the free version of LaunchBox.