LaunchBox Community Forums

Consolidate duplicate MS-DOS Games?

ikinsey

I have a lot of duplicate MS-DOS games, and when I try to use the "Consolidate roms for MS-DOS" tool, it says "The selected platform is not an emulated ROM-based platform."

I've tested it out and I can modify the XML file to match how the other XML files handle duplicates (since other platforms automatically consolidated dupes for me). Which raises the question, surely there is some way to do this for MS-DOS in the UI that I'm missing?

I was thinking about writing a script to modify the XML for me and consolidate entries, but I wanted to check with the community first to make sure there isn't already a canonical solution.

Anyone got any ideas how to consolidate all these duplicate MS-DOS games?

• 2 months later...
On 4/24/2020 at 6:42 PM, ikinsey said:

Didn't get an answer so I whipped up a script that does the consolidation:

Hi there,

I've also just did a mass import of MSDOS games into Launchbox and I was under the assumption it would just create 1 entry for each game, but I've ended up with many many many duplicates! Were you ever able to find out of there was an "out of the box" way to fix them or have you continued on using this script you've created?

If you've just ended up using your script, how does it work? How does it handle games that are similar but different, (ex. Doom and Doom II)? Thanks for any support!

• 2 years later...