LaunchBox Community Forums

little help with a trackball.

tallguy6819

I've been trying to figure this out all day. I can not get the trackball to work on MAME running through RetroArch, I can get it to run using the regular MAME64 BUT my problem with that is that the game is so friggin laggy it wont hardly work. For the life of me I cant seem to figure this out and its driving me insane. Anyone have any tips? I've googled it and worded it every single way I can possibly think of and I've come up with nothing. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

7 hours ago, tallguy6819 said:

I've been trying to figure this out all day. I can not get the trackball to work on MAME running through RetroArch, I can get it to run using the regular MAME64 BUT my problem with that is that the game is so friggin laggy it wont hardly work. For the life of me I cant seem to figure this out and its driving me insane. Anyone have any tips? I've googled it and worded it every single way I can possibly think of and I've come up with nothing. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

The game is laggy or the trackball movement is laggy?

Unless you are using MAME2003plus in Retroarch, there shouldn't be dramatic difference in performance with MAME standalone vs Retroarch.

If you are talking about the trackball being laggy, you'll need to adjust analog controls within MAME. Values can vary greatly between games depending on the hardware on the original cabinet. If you can list the trackball you have and the specific games, I might be able to provide you with some more detailed help.