LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch does not show bezels (PC version only, Retropie is working just fine)

MartinC

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out what is wrong here googling and searching for people with something similar but I could not find anything until now. Even I saw tutorials for LB, using The Bezels Project for Windows and it is not working for me. That's why I am here now, asking for your help.

I have my arcade cabinet using LB and BB since a while ago, but I never used bezels until now. I started doing it on Retropie with no issues, but doing the same on RA on PC, it is just not working and I don't know why. This is what I did on RP, maybe on PC is different, I don't know:

- On Video, I selected "Core Provided" for aspect radio, and "Integer Scale" to ON.

- On Onscreen Overlay, I set the Preset (actually it was selected from the beginning but as I never used bezels, I never knew) and of course "Display Overlay" to ON.

Doing those steps, RP started to show the bezels with no issues, I just downloaded some and put them on borders folder, did the speps above and that's all.

If someone thinks on something I forgot to do in order to get the bezels working, I appreciate that a lot.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Should not need to do anything special, except for these two common things. 

1) Make sure the rom names match the bezel config files.  (No Intro)

2) The name of the core config folder matches the core you are using.

Follow this thread to see other questions & answers similar to yours.   Look at the more recent posts, it may help.

Thanks a lot for the info @Ateb, I saw that thread yesterday, actually.

I tried installing a new RA in my notebook, downloaded bezels for the systems and performed the normal configuration for Atari 2600, and it worked just fine... weird.

It is evidently a problem with the RA in my cabinet. It is rare since I never did something out of normal there, just configure cores and games normally. Even I updated that RA to latest version (I had 1.7.6 or so) and it is still not working, I don't know why. The conf is pretty the same for both RAs, I checked the names and configurations and nothing.

I am going to keep checking and googling, I hope I will find something, but for now it is completely weird.

Thanks again,

Martin

I am doing some testing between my old version and the new one, and the problem is apparently on retroarch.cfg file. I am not sure where yet, unfortunately it is not so obvious as I wish, but that is an start point at least.

If someone thinks on something, please advise :D

Thanks,

Martin

Well... when I set the new bezels conf and select override core settings option, the new config is saved correctly on config/Stella/Stella.cfg file, but for some reason it is not loaded on the screen. Even I restart RA and the config is still there (on onscreen overlays section), but it will not be loaded, I don;t know why. No options to be changed (according to the new retroarch.cfg file), but still one RA is working and not the other one... 

Even I added the same overlay info on the three files (game, core and RA cfg files to see what happens, and still nothing, something is preventing to load the bezels info even when it is here into the config files.

So nothing... just an update, maybe someone have an idea or something.

Thanks,

Martin

Well... it is solved now. Not the best solution, since will require some re-configurations (minor, thanks God), but I just replaced the retroarch.cfg file with the new one and the problem is gone. Not sure why, apparently the old one was broken in some way but well... after hours testing several possible solutions, this one fixed my issue. 

Thanks a lot everyone, have a great weekend :D

Martin

• 4 weeks later...