LaunchBox Community Forums

Updated 10.15 just wiped-out all my collection of plataforms

Launchbox 10.15 update just forced itself a few minutes ago on my PC, while I just launched my current LaunchBox to do something else.

I interrupted the update (from 10.13 or 10.14), because I didn't want to update at this time.

Now, all my collection of imported systems, metadata, emulator configurations that I worked for more than 6 months was wiped-out in 30 seconds !!!

How is this possible ?

My ..\LaunchBox\Images folder still contains 60Gb, so I guess all the Metadata I downloaded and curated for all this time is still there. But the Plataforms, curated collections, etc ... it is all 100% gone !

How is this possible ? How can a version update do this ?

Fortunately I leave my roms in another path, not under ../Launchbox. But I all my curated collections are gone !

Please, I hope there is a way to recover this information. Can someone in this forum help me ?

Nevertheless, why is LaunchBox forcing updates on users anyway ?

Thanks a lot for the support,

PGRS

I have a better understanding of what is happening now.

I guess al my data is still there in F:\Emulation\LaunchBox and subfolders.

My F:\Emulation\LaunchBox\Data\Platforms is still full of XML files

Back to the problem ..

Inside F:\Emulation\LaunchBox, now I see F:\Emulation\LaunchBox\LaunchBox where version 10.15 is installed.

F:\Emulation\LaunchBox\LaunchBox is a "new" installation with no metadata or plataforms associated.

All my data seem to be ok inside the original installation structure under F:\Emulation\LaunchBox

Now, the original file EXE F:\Emulation\LaunchBox\LaunchBox.exe does not start anymore. Maybe it was corrupted during the Update.

The new one F:\Emulation\LaunchBox\LaunchBox \LaunchBox.exe from 10.15, starts properly but does not find metadata or plataforms inside F:\Emulation\LaunchBox\LaunchBox

The question now is: why is the original 10.13 (or 10.14) Executable F:\Emulation\LaunchBox\LaunchBox.exe not running anymore ?

Thanks a lot for the support.