LaunchBox Community Forums

Logitech G29 and 920: Any difference?

m0ut4indo

Hello!

I fully understand the functionality of a steering wheel is dependent on the emulator(s). That being said, most of the conversations I've seen for the logitech steering wheel has been on the G27 and G29.

I might get a good deal on a 920 - has anyone run into situations where the 920 doesn't work for you? My use case will primarily be for MAME, but I want to make sure whatever I choose will work well with most, if not all emulators.

2 minutes ago, m0ut4indo said:

Hello!

I fully understand the functionality of a steering wheel is dependent on the emulator(s). That being said, most of the conversations I've seen for the logitech steering wheel has been on the G27 and G29.

I might get a good deal on a 920 - has anyone run into situations where the 920 doesn't work for you? My use case will primarily be for MAME, but I want to make sure whatever I choose will work well with most, if not all emulators.

They are virtually the same wheel, the G29 works on PS3/PS4 and PC while the G290 works on XBOX ONE and PC, the G29 also has a rev counter that the G920 lacks, but hardware wise they are the same. I chose the G29 to use with my PS4 Pro, rather than the G920 which would of worked with my launch model XBOX ONE.

1 minute ago, m0ut4indo said:

Got it. My use won't include consoles, so it sounds like I'll be good to go with the 920. Thank you!

Yeah, Windows 10 will just see it as a XBOX ONE controller, and you can still customize it and create profiles for games/emulators using the Logitech G Hub software.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I am in the process of building a sit down cabinet for driving games. I was thinking about purchasing a G290. It will be exclusively used for Mame. 
Will it be compatible with most of the games. I understand it will take some configuring, but I didn’t want to spend all the money and realize I needed a different wheel.