LaunchBox Community Forums

Loading & Loading Complete Custom Sounds each Platform or Per Game Basis

Boomerps2

I requested a couple years back an option I enjoyed in Hyperspin with custom mp3 sound bytes when entering and exiting your selected platform. So I figured out a way to at least get custom sound bytes for the "Loading Start" & "Loading Complete" mp3's from within RocketLaunchers _Default files in the Fade folder. This can also be done on a per game basis as you can see I switched it up with Mario 64. This is just an FYI if this interest anybody:

Edited by Boomerps2
  • Game On 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Posted (edited)
On 6/28/2020 at 8:21 PM, Boomerps2 said:

I requested a couple years back an option I enjoyed in Hyperspin with custom mp3 sound bytes when entering and exiting your selected platform. So I figured out a way to at least get custom sound bytes for the "Loading Start" & "Loading Complete" mp3's from within RocketLaunchers _Default files in the Fade folder. This can also be done on a per game basis as you can see I switched it up with Mario 64. This is just an FYI if this interest anybody:

It's great that there is such an option, could you write how you did it, where you added the audio file. Do you know if it is possible to extend the time, 5 sec is much too little for me, iIt's a pity that they didn't add the option of choosing, and it's a pity that they didn't add options for a given game ;(

Edited by KRI$85

On 5/11/2024 at 2:00 PM, KRI$85 said:

It's great that there is such an option, could you write how you did it, where you added the audio file. Do you know if it is possible to extend the time, 5 sec is much too little for me, iIt's a pity that they didn't add the option of choosing, and it's a pity that they didn't add options for a given game ;(

This option is only available through RocketLauncher

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Boomerps2 said:

This option is only available through RocketLauncher

YYY Rly I thought that RL was no longer supported, especially by Launchbox aka big box.

I understand that after adding RL to LB, all RL functions such as Fade etc. will work, and I will be able to make settings and add systems via RL and LB or only RL?

Sadly, I thought that LB would have even more to offer than RL (of course it has a LOT) but it turns out that
not entirely, I guess😥

LB has a lot of interesting solutions that were not available in RL, but it is also a bit lacking, probably for most people these things are unnecessary and we will never see them 😕
Terribly hermetic frontend + resource-hungry average performance, the more systems etc. are added, the slower BB becomes, which is strange compared to HSA (yes, I know, there is no point in comparing it), but the fluidity is maintained there despite the huge library of systems, games and other add-ons, but ok, it turns out that LB is aimed at more efficient units. 😭

Edited by KRI$85

3 minutes ago, KRI$85 said:

YYY Rly I thought that RL was no longer supported, especially by Launchbox aka big box.

I understand that after adding RL to LB, all RL functions such as Fade etc. will work, and I will be able to make settings and add systems via RL and LB or only RL?

Sadly, I thought that LB would have even more to offer than RL (of course it has a LOT) but it turns out that
not entirely, I guess😥

LB has a lot of interesting solutions that were not available in RL, but it is also a bit lacking, probably for most people these things are unnecessary and we will never see them 😕
Terribly hermetic frontend + resource-hungry average performance, the more systems etc. are added, the slower BB becomes, which is strange compared to HSA (yes, I know, there is no point in comparing it), but the fluidity is maintained there despite the huge library of systems, games and other add-ons, but ok, it turns out that LB is aimed at more efficient units. 😭

You are 100% correct. BigBox is heavy in resources and my biggest complaint is it's so SLOW! Although not as feature packed, look at frontends like RetroFE (Type R) and Coinops. Front ends are fluid and snappy. Videos & art switch almost immediately when in the game selection menu. BigBox has a very noticeable wait time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Boomerps2 said:

You are 100% correct. BigBox is heavy in resources and my biggest complaint is it's so SLOW! Although not as feature packed, look at frontends like RetroFE (Type R) and Coinops. Front ends are fluid and snappy. Videos & art switch almost immediately when in the game selection menu. BigBox has a very noticeable wait time.

Exactly.
I've been playing with a few frontends, most recently HS Attraction, and it's just the smoothness of almost a million games, hundreds of wheels and still smooth, not to mention the openness to various add-ons and greater customization of everything, such as:
Adding a different Theme to each game separately
Sound Fade
etc etc can be replaced and I'm missing a few options in LB
What irritates the most about the BB operation is layoffs, which is a pity, I was so excited about this frontend that finally the final frontend will have even more things and unfortunately I was a bit disappointed