LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch does not work

PriX79

hello everyone, I have a problem !!! with the latest update of Launchbox (11.1beta1) Retroarch no longer works !!!

I have used this command line so far:

-L "cores \ snes9x_libretro.dll"

has something changed?!? please help me !!!

You shouldn't need to use the core commands anymore, as you can simply go into the Retroarch emulator settings in LB, go into the Associated Platforms tab, and the select the core for the platform in question from the drop down.  For your example, for Super Nintendo Entertainment System (or whatever platform you have it called) click the drop down and select snes9x_libretro.dll from the list.  If the core is not in the drop down, or it says missing core, then you need to download the core first via retroarch's core installer section.

If you do need to use that command line parameter, for example for a game-specific situations, it should still work fine, but you need to make sure you have the correct syntax in the command line.  In your example above you have spaces between the cores and the \ and the dll file name.  I'm not sure if this is just a typo or if this is actually what you're trying to use.  If this is what you actually have, then this is not the proper syntax and will not work.  You should be using the following if you have to use that older format:

-L "cores\snes9x_libretro.dll"

Notice no spaces between the cores and the \ and the snes9x_libretro.dll.

Again though, this will only work if you actually that that core downloaded and installed in retroarch's cores folder.... which if it worked for you before, it should be :)

Hope this helps,
CDBlue