LaunchBox Community Forums

How do use Kronos for Sega Titan Video games with Launchbox?

witherzombie222

• 2 weeks later...

I also to would like to know this, I can not find any info on the net at all about it, All information is about Saturn disc based games not arcade ST-V

use the custom command line parameters  (-L  "cores/kronos_libretro.dll") but just drops straight into retroarch and doesn't load the ROM

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, MayorQwert said:

What's your EMU config look like @DonkyKong? I haven't been able to get Kronos to run STV arcade games right.

Do you have all the correct bios files?

Under retroarch when your core is loaded in, press F1 go to MainMenu/Information/Core information/ Will list the the details of what Bios's are needed and if are present or not.

Most Bios's are kept in the Retroarch/System folder. Some under their own folder with in the system folder. Some are to stay in the Roms folder, Depends from core to core. All information listed as to whats needed for the core as i just stated.

As for the Bios's for Kronos they are kept in:   RetroArch\system\kronos

The emulation is not perfect in some games, But that's emulation...

DK

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DonkyKong said:

Do you have all the correct bios files?

Under retroarch when your core is loaded in, press F1 go to MainMenu/Information/Core information/ Will list the the details of what Bios's are needed and if are present or not.

Most Bios's are kept in the Retroarch/System folder. Some under their own folder with in the system folder. Some are to stay in the Roms folder, Depends from core to core. All information listed as to whats needed for the core as i just stated.

As for the Bios's for Kronos they are kept in:   RetroArch\system\kronos

The emulation is not perfect in some games, But that's emulation...

DK

I do have a copy of the bios but thanks for pointing out I need to move it there.

On 7/18/2020 at 11:48 PM, DonkyKong said:

I also to would like to know this, I can not find any info on the net at all about it, All information is about Saturn disc based games not arcade ST-V

use the custom command line parameters  (-L  "cores/kronos_libretro.dll") but just drops straight into retroarch and doesn't load the ROM

However, my main concern is with the command line setup for STV. Is it the same as the command line setup you posted here?

Quick update, I seem to have it working with your command line options from before, plus the addition of -fullscreen, though the emulation issue is a bit infuriating since there only seems to be a list of Saturn game compatibility (not STV) on the Kronos page, and a few of the games they list as "working" are obviously not working. Specifically Columns 97 and Batman Forever. :(

Regardless, thanks for your help up to this point!

Edited by MayorQwert

• 10 months later...

I am also having problems with this, I watched a few video guides but still can't fix this error. Both mednafen and Kronos are used by me. I use Kronos for games like Virtua Fighter 2, but it's also wonderful for regular use. -a -I are my default command line options. I got them from a lesson and can't remember what they are, but it's probably simply a full screen command or something like. When I play wow, I don't have problems though. I can take a wow boosting service and run the game in the background, everything works fine and with no errors.

Edited by SSnake

• 2 years later...

I'm encountering difficulties with this issue as well. I've watched several video tutorials, but I still can't resolve the error. I employ both mednafen and Kronos. For games like Virtua Fighter 2, I prefer using Kronos, and it works well for regular use too. My default command line options are -a -I, obtained from a tutorial, and though I can't recall their specifics, it's likely a simple full-screen command or something similar. Interestingly, when I play World of Warcraft, I face no problems. I can even use a boosting service, run the game in the background, and everything functions smoothly without errors.

• 3 months later...

Although I didn’t have similar problems, a friend had exactly the same problem, I don’t know what he did, but after that he walked around happy for a whole week, he said that he found the answer somewhere on the forum, perhaps here. But I never had any problems with WoW carry, but once I fell through the textures and couldn’t get out, I waited for the teleportation stone to the tavern to recharge)

Edited by WalkerB