LaunchBox Community Forums

More Pause Weirdness

jonnieboyrevel

Not sure if anyone will be able to help with this, I've read through a few 'Pause problems' threads and it appears it's just finicky about certain setups. However, my problem is slightly different so I thought it give it a go.

My issue is that I can only activate the Pause screen using my joypad. It doesn't matter what I set as a keyboard key to activate it, it doesn't do anything.

Currently I'm only getting it set up with retroarch, I didn't want to start the other emu's until I got this working properly.

The issue is that most of the time the joypad buttons do something else in RA, i.e reset the system. Not great unless I want to reset every time I pause...

If I un-assign the 'P' key in RA nothing happens at all when I press P. 

This behaviour is the same in both BB and LB.

I can only assume RA is somehow taking priority of the keyboard keys and therefore LB/BB isn't getting the keyboard press to activate the Pause screen.

So to summarise:

All retroarch related.

Pause Screens/Themes work when assigning a shortcut on the joypad.

They do not work with any keyboard assignment.

If anyone has had a similar problem and knows a fix it would be greatly appreciated. I really want to get the Pause screens working for the controller configs.

Thanks for your time.

Jon