LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox 11.2 using Edge to open PDF manuals

Cavey

I am not sure when this started - and it may actually always have been the case - but Launchbox is using Microsoft Edge to open any PDF manual despite it not being the default application. Is there any way to get it to use Acrobat Reader or even Firefox instead?

LB is using your systems settings for reading PDFs to change it press the win+i keys to open settings go to apps then default apps from there click the text that says choose default apps by file type and set your PDF viewer there

That's what I was saying, it is ignoring the system settings completely. The default application is set to Acrobat Reader - I've just checked. Having said that, I've just noticed that double clicking on a PDF is making Edge open it too, so it is Windows 10 ignoring the setting not Launchbox itself. I presume this started happening after I got a forced Edge update recently. Thanks for trying to help anyway.