LaunchBox Community Forums

Slow import due to long timeout on failed download

fatbunny

Having a problem with importing metadata. It zooms along until it cannot find/download a file. At this point it should timeout and move along however it seems that timeout is approx 4mins. 

This causes the whole import to take forever. I am not sure why it can't find so many files but its not a big issue for me.  

Is there a way I can change this setting? So far it was unable to down 17 files so far but this accumulates to over an hour. 

Edited by fatbunny

I looked in to it more, I suspect the firewall was dropping some connections/file downloads and no response was getting back to Launchbox. I whitelisted the IP that launchbox was using and that sped up the process (well still took hours but was moving along a bit quicker). 

It would be good to have some control of the timeout if that is possible. It might be a server issue or some router along the path dropping packets/connection for someone else so it would be good to have this feature.