LaunchBox Community Forums

Flycast and Dreamcast

ArGii

Hey team LB! 

Dreamcast games seem to be not loading from Launchbox but will load after the fact in Retroarch using Flycast (base version). Here's the scoop: 

- Windows Surface Go 8 GB / 128 GB Intel Graphics 615
- Retroarch (Open GL I believe is what I've been using because of N64 / PS1 games working well)
- Flycast libreto for Dreamcast games through Retroarch
- Launchbox for organizing files
- DC boot files
- All roms in .GDI

Redream seems to work great on it without the premium license

Flycast seems to work when I load any game from Retroarch first, then use Flycast as the core. 

When launching the game from launchbox (like any game) it just gives me the retroarch menu and gives me the usual warning "please download Naomi romsets or expect issues" 

I've got the dc boot files and used to use reicast I believe. 

Is this really all because I don't have Naomi boots or because the files aren't CHD??!

Edited by ArGii

1 minute ago, ArGii said:

Hey team LB! 

Dreamcast games seem to be not loading from Launchbox but will load after the fact in Retroarch using Flycast (base version). Here's the scoop: 

- Windows Surface Go 8 GB / 128 GB Intel Graphics 615
- Retroarch (Open GL I believe is what I've been using because of N64 / PS1 games working well)
- Flycast libreto for Dreamcast games

Flycast works fine, i use it myself. Make sure you have the correct core selected in the associated platforms tab, and that the platform name there matches what you actually called the platform in Launchbox.