LaunchBox Community Forums

Dual Monitor - How to get BB to open on specific Monitor?

LifesFailure

Hello All,

I am attempting to get Big Box to open on my second monitor but am not having luck. I have an HDMI cable from my PC to my surround receiver and everything is working great, but Big Box does not want to open on it.

Troubleshooting:
-set secondary monitor as primary monitor
-moved Launch Box to secondary monitor and opened from there
-start LaunchBox and BigBox on secondary monitor

--The TV is 1080p but my desktop is 2160p....Steam  Big Picture, Steam games launch on the desired monitor. When games are launched from LaunchBox, they are all using the PC monitor as well instead of the TV(primary).

**TV is hooked up VIA HDMI for video and sound through the surround receiver. PC monitor is Display Port. 

I was hoping to be able to hook my PC up to my TV to game and then disconnect during the week (my game room is my work office). Not sure what else to try

Edited by LifesFailure
  • Like 1

I'm having similar issues and thought I would share to see if someone knows the fix.  I have two monitors and both are 1080p.  One serves as my primary screen (display 2) and the other serves as my marquee (display 1).  I've set Big Box to show marque on display 1 and primary on display 2.  Everything seems to display correctly until I start a game.  The game shows up on display 1 (on top of the marquee).  I don't know what is causing this.

OK.  I just solved my issue.  I originally had both a HDMI and Display port cables connected to my video card.  I replaced the HDMI cable and went with another Display port cable.  I also connected the display cables appropriately to each monitor so that display 1 is my primary display and display 2 is my marquee (as shown in WIndows).  I also changed Big Box so that it corresponds appropriately.  Now everything starts and displays properly.  So in my instance the culprit was having both an HDMI and Display port cable to my video card.  Just using two Display port cables worked.