LaunchBox Community Forums

Consistent way of configuring LaunchBox/BigBox to work with Steam Link?

WickedChild

Hi,

First of all, I have read through the many posts addressing this issue, but no consistent solution or at least initial guidance has been written as of today (or I haven't found it).

With that said, on to the problem: so I recently bought BB as I'm setting up a comfy way of playing through my collection in the couch. I have already set up a Launchbox to work with various systems such as Super Nintendo, NES, Genesis, Arcade or N64. Flawless performance, no issues with anything so far.

Problems start when I try to configure it through Steam Link. I followed the official tutorial on Youtube. What I have achieved so far following this video is to be able to control BigBox with my Xbox One wired controller (connected to the Steam Link device). But whenever I launch a game, two things happen depending on how I configure the controller on Big Picture:

• Emulator does not recognize any input
  • Depending on the button pressed, emulation closes (BigBox's Game Over screen appears)

I'm hitting a wall here. I have read through many posts here at the forum or Reddit, but I'm afraid to mess things up to a point I have to uninstall BigBox/LaunchBox/Steam.

So if you could help me to start trying out things it'd be much appreciated. Maybe it's just the emulators, maybe it's a missing configuration somewhere, maybe it's just because I don't have VirtualHere. Don't know!

Thanks in advance ?

Edited by WickedChild